Monday 10 September 2012

Gotcha!

At a dinner party, a group of housewives were looking for a table. All were occupied until they saw a table with only two people sitting. After asking politely, they were ushered to sit at the table.

These housewives were talking and gossiping about their marriage. The couple who arrived earlier did not join the conversation but sometimes they shared a good laugh. Basically, the housewives were complaining about their lack of decision making. Most argued that their husbands decided on almost every aspects of their daily lives.

'Even he bought me the red lingerie for our 20th wedding anniversary. I had no choice but to wear that that night.' quipped one lady.

'Maybe your husband were fantasising about another girl when he bought and asked you to wear that red lingerie.' teased the fat lady and the they all burst into laughter.

All of a sudden, the only man at the table interjected.

'You see, in our marriage, I let my wife decides on every aspect of our daily lives.' Suddenly, there was an eerie silence at the table. They stop laughing immediately and looked at the man and his wife. The wife continued with her dinner and smiled at the other ladies.

'Before we got married, I let her talk to our wedding planner. I brought in the jewellers and asked them to talk to her. The florist, the chefs and etc etc etc. You name it! All of then talk to her. I told them to send the bill to me. For our honeymoon, she decided on the country and package. Even she chose the date and duration. Until today, she decided what I should wear and when we went shopping, I let her pick my clothes. I have no complaint as long as she is happy.'

Some ladies listened with their jaw opened. They can't believe what they were hearing. As for the wife, she just smile and nodded without saying a word.

One lady asked, 'What do you decide then?'

'Oh... I decide whether to increase or lower the oil price. Or which dictator to oust and which puppet to install. And sometimes just maybe, which country we want to attack, bla bla bla bla...'

One by one the ladies left the dining table.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, let the ladies talk about petty things ... we men talk only of things that will change the world heh heh heh ;-).

    ReplyDelete