Monday 9 April 2012

88-year-old lady.

This morning, from inside Ambank, I watched an old lady walking with the walking stick. Slowly she crossed over to this side and I decided to move out from the bank just to look where she was heading. I noticed that she was nearing the kerb and I quickly moved behind her, just in case she needed help. She noticed me standing behind her. She turned around and said,

'young man, I am okay. Thank you though for your concern"

I just smiled and nodded in acknowledgement.

'how old are you?'

I said I'll be 45 before the month ends.

'I know Malays are very good in taking care of their parents. Are your parents still around?'

I said yes and she asked 'are you taking care of them?'

I replied we all are.

'good... good.. your parents are very lucky because their children are taking care of them'

Auntie, may I know your age?

'I am already 88'

Where are you heading to?

'The bank officer called me this morning asking me to sign a few things'

Before we parted she told me to spend more time with my parents while they are still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment