Tuesday 24 January 2012

Kids with that question.

Inquisitive kids will bring you down to earth with a barrage of simple yet shattering questions. Phew! How am I gonna answer all that. Google can help me ek? How 'bout wikipedia? Encyclopedia? Only if I have the time to refer or search for that elusive answer....

Do you think your children will give you ample time to answer their questions? Only if you give them ample time to finish their chore, then maybe, just maybe, they'll reciprocate.

Hahaha. Wishful thinking..

In my case, maybe around 100 questions asked, I might give the favourable answer, not the right one yeah, not more than five. How about you?

Just in a day, how many times our children ask 'that' questions? It sounds easy when you first heard it, but the moment you try to answer, you made a fool of yourself by their asking the next question. Try as you may to please them, they are always ready with another shattering question.

'Dad, where do I come from'?

A simple question. Those who are not married or have no kids yet, why don't you rehearse that question and provide with an answer. Later one, when you a a kid, try to answer that and see whether your kids will be satisfied with the answer given. Hehehe

Last Saturday, at my late cousin's funeral, my son kept asking me who that person was whenever someone came approaching. I said, he/she is my cousin. Then he asked what is a cousin? Then I have to explain that. Then someone came and we exchanged greetings... Then of course Akmal asked who she was. So I said she was my niece, the daughter of one of my late cousins. Then came the killer question...

"Ayah, if she is your niece, how can she be older than you... I mean she is very old..."

I said, could you please shut your mouth up just for a second?

No comments:

Post a Comment