Wednesday 8 February 2012

Chance meeting my ex....

This evening, on the way to fetch my wife, I stopped at shell Semabok Perdana. Akmal said he wanted a bottle of Revive, so I had to go inside and get him a bottle of Revive, and paid my gas at the counter. As I was about to leave, a girl acknowledging me...

"En Rosman..."

And I looked up, there she was, Baizura, my ex student at KYM. She studied BBA under UUM franchised programme at KYM. She smiled at me and then I said...

I remember your face but I could not recall your name... and before I could finish my sentence, she replied with a smile, BAIZURA.

I noticed her husband was there beside the atm and shook hand with him.

Every time I met my former students, in fb or in person, I kinda have this habit. I would ask the same question to each and every one of them

Did I ever chase you out from my class?

They instantly know what I meant. So, Baizura said she was never. In that case, she never came late for my class.

Then, I realised she was heavily pregnant. I asked her when she's due. She replied that any time now. And I asked her whether it is her first, and she duly answered yes. She was all smiling, looking radiant and resplendent. And her handsome husband just observing our conversation.

And then I realised, my tummy is bigger than hers!

Before parting ways, she invited me to come to her husband's restaurant, which is located at Bukit Beruang, selling Nasi Arab. So, I replied one of these days I'll bring my wife and kids for a sumptuous treat of Mandy Goat (hehehe) or Mandy Mutton or Mandy Lamb.

To me, it was always a pleasure for being acknowledged by my former students. How time flies. Many of my former student are married with kids. One thing is for sure....

I am getting older...

2 comments:

  1. I like the part "And then I realised, my tummy is bigger than hers!" ... lol.

    ReplyDelete