Saturday 11 February 2012

What you say, matters.

I attended an NLP talk this morning at Public Mutual Branch in Melaka. To me it was the most entertaining and mind opening session that I had ever attended in my career as UTC with PM. A lot of ideas were shared by En Khairil Annuar Abd Kadir, soon to be GAM from Bangsar Branch. One thing that made me glued to my seat was his attitude. Not only was he positive, you can see it in his facial expression, his voice was very melodramatic. I can feel it. I simply love this guy

One of the things that really touched me was when he talked about limiting beliefs. I have my own belief system. So do you. Then I remember my first entry about wired differently. This is not about wired differently. This is simply about what you believe.

I believe that we always have this small talk with our friends, siblings, relatives, office mates about our limitations. More often than not, they don't realise that they help to reinforce our limiting beliefs. And we unknowingly help to cement it further. Even worse when we talk to ourselves, reaffirming those small talks.

I don't think that prospect would sign up
Slow down a bit. Don't push yourself too hard.
I don't think you can hit that target. That target is beyond your capability.
Come on.... it is still early...

The above are just examples of small talk that we have almost daily. But, if we entertain it very often, most probably we find ourselves losing focus on our objectives. Talking to ourselves daily about what we can't do, is going to eat up our confidence. We might lose direction and interest. Soon, we'll find ourselves doing something else.

The onus is on us to change our beliefs system. All those small talks, should stop. Implant new beliefs system that direct us towards our dreams and objectives. In anything that we do, we have a choice. To stick to the old limiting beliefs or get a new one. Mix around with people with positive attitude. Make them your peer group. Talk to them. Engage them in your quest for success.

Do not glorify past achievements. Do not rationalise your need to remain negative.

Say what you want. Place your order. Then do it. Keep on doing it, until you make it. Don't entertain those small talk. Put a stop to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment