Tuesday 21 February 2012

It's My Life.

I made mistakes. Everybody does. The first time is called a mistake. The second same mistake no longer a mistake. It is a choice! Yes! I made the choice to repeat it. With mistakes, come repercussions. No choice. Have to accept it.

I weathered the storm.

Getting married and have two wonderful sons, somewhat made me realised what's important. Being there for my sons, a matter of choice. Growing old together with my lovely wife, a matter of the heart. Without them, I am not sure where I will be at this moment. My wife completes me. My sons are the darlings of my life.

When things were rough, I had to be strong. I had to show that I was strong. It was mentally challenging to act strong when your confidence was tested. I survived, for now. I know that life is about choices, not coincidence. We have to accept the consequences of all our choices, good or bad. To gather support or ask for help when things did't go as planned, it took courage. Honesty the best policy, so they said.

Yes! I made the choice to fight. Not to beg. I made the choice to go this way, the way of the fighters. It was not smooth sailings, but I managed.

The strength that I projected, I disguised it quite well. I think so. I don't talk about my failures, my weakness, my past, my struggles, my dreams, my hopes to anyone. Not because I was all cocooned up inside, rather I was not prepared to hear the response from my loved ones. So, I carry on. Still am. Life goes on, so they say.

I always love to hear Mariah Carey sings HERO.

.......
IT'S A LONG ROAD
WHEN YOU FACE THE WORLD ALONE
NO ONE REACHES OUT A HAND
FOR YOU TO HOLD
.......
LORD KNOWS
DREAMS ARE HARD TO FOLLOW
BUT DON'T LET ANYONE
TEAR THEM AWAY
HOLD ON
THERE WILL BE TOMORROW
IN TIME
YOU'LL FIND THE WAY
.......

I just hope that when the day comes, when the moment finally arrives, I'll be singing MY WAY with my loved ones tagging along. It definitely will be more memorable when my parents are still around.

What is success when you don't have family to share with?

No comments:

Post a Comment